Human Museum


Welcome to the mind of Denzel! Not settling for ease but, searching for challenge. Believe it or not... This was my first time behind the lens of a studio shoot.

Call me crazy but, these images give me 'Night at the Museum' vibes. In one image the models are like lifeless mannequins, then the next their staring directly at you... They come to life!

If the title of this post hasn't given you clues, this photoshoot is called 'Human Museum.'

What was I trying to achieve? Well, after picking up a camera, and playing around with it, I became fascinated with exploring depth of field. And for the camera veterans reading this right now, depth of field ain't something you usually do in the studio. Hence the reason to bring in four models.

For those confused with what I'm blabbering about, depth of field is simply the distance between the closest and farthest objects in an image that appears focused. For example...


The model on the far left is in focus, whilst the other three remaining models are out of focus. Make sense? (Comment below if you're still confused)

What was the challenging aspect of conducting this shoot? Lighting. With limited lighting and four models to correctly light, it was no easy problem solve. If I were to conduct a shoot much like this in the near future, I'd definitely bring in a lot more lighting. But, with the power of photoshop and the ability to boost brightness, I'm happy with the end result. Remember, this was the first time I photographed in studio.


The Brief:
I gave the models the freedom to dress how they'd normally dress but, they were instructed to primarily use the colour red. I wanted consistency. And the fantastic makeup artist brought in helped achieve this consistent look by giving the girls a pure red lip and red box eyeshadow.


What more could I say? For someone with little to no experience in photography, I'm proud of the final product.

ALL PHOTOS SHOT BY ME
MODELS: EMILY-ROSE IRENE, CIARA MCLEAN, EMILY AGUIUS, ASHLEY FOSTER
MUA: ARIANNE CARLSON

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM

Comments

  1. Great to see what you are learning at the course. I thought you had posted a professional photo until I realised the story was about your own work. Well done

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment