Jay Gatsby


I've been hard at work at college and now finally graduated, which means more free time to blog about my experiences.

One of my latest project was inspired by Leonardo DiCaprio's portrayal of young millionaire Jay Gatsby, from the 2013 screen adaptation of The Great Gatsby.

Click the following link to take a look at the mood board.


I'm pleased with the final product but, here's what I would change: be more extravagant! If I had the budget to do so I would. For those who don't know the story, Jay Gatsby is a filthy rich millionaire who often throws extraordinary parties to impress the love of his life Daisy. If I were to add these elements, i.e. 1920s car, massive mansion and a girl for Jay to win over; the final images would've told a much a deeper story and you the reader would know it's Great Gatsby inspired without me having to tell you. But again, I'm still very happy with how the images turned out.


Creative Credits:
Styled by Denzel Gargar
Photography by Myles Bennell
Bespoke Suit sourced from Wil Valor

Comments